What is Leadership Midland?
The future of any community is directly related to the talent, dedication and resourcefulness of the people in that community. Leadership Midland is a community leadership training program that provides exposure and insight to those who will occupy leadership positions within our community.
What are the Opportunities?
- Develop and enhance leadership skills
- Inform leaders about the opportunities and challenges facing our community
- Inspire leaders to encourage solutions and collaborations to make Midland County a better place to work and live;
- Provide a dynamic network of individuals to strengthen personal and organizational influence.
What are the Benefits?
- A better sense of personal leadership potential and enhanced leadership skills
- Leaders with a broader understanding of community issues who are prepared to keep their organizations engaged
- A diverse, growing network of alumni and resources
We are Now Accepting Applications for the 2019 Class of Leadership Midland!
This year’s program will run October 17-19, 2019. Download this year’s brochure.
How to Apply:
Application is open to residents of and those employed within Midland County. Leadership Midland seeks individuals who are in, or have the potential to advance to, leadership positions within their organization and community. Applicants must have an interest and commitment to serving the community in leadership roles.
To apply to the program, you must download the application here.
- Completed applications require two letters of recommendation.
- Second-time applications are welcome.
*Application and letters are due by Wednesday, May 15.*
MBA Members: $625
Non-MBA Members: $725
Tuition covers activities, materials, lodging and meals. Partial scholarships are available to qualified participants; the request must be submitted with your application.
- Enrollment is limited.
- Acceptance letters are mailed out in late-June.
CHAIR—Andrew Chubb ’11—Saginaw Valley State University
VICE CHAIR—Joel Beeck ’04—Huntington Bank
Dexter Brigham ’16—Midland Center for the Arts
Jenni Bush ’16—SPACE Inc.
Daniel Buzzell ’17—Ace Hardware & Sports, Inc.
Erick Forshee ’07—Fisher Sand & Gravel
Dave Gray ’05—Express Mart Food Stores, LLC
Coty Gould ’18—United Way of Midland County
Caleb Guthrie ’15—United Way of Midland County
Natalie Herber ’14—Ieuter Insurance Group
Kevin Heye ’08—Greater Midland Community Center
Millie Jezior ’09—MidMichigan Health
Brad Kaye ’12—City of Midland
Kristi Kaye ’14—Midland Hypnotherapy
Chris Komara ’17—City of Midland Police Department
Jerry Ladwig ’09—75th District Court
Kristy LeVasseur ’08—J. Ranck Electric
Brandon Lewis ’18—Ayre-Rhinehart Realtors
Scott MacNellis ’14—LaLonde Foods
Bob Rider ’99—Rider Type & Design
Madhu Rishi ’03—Physical Therapy & Rehab Specialists
Bridget Sadenwater ’07—ABC—Greater Michigan Chapter
Melissa Snelling ’09—Midland County Central Dispatch Authority
Mike Sullivan ’14—Northwood University
Dan Tuma ’17—Dan Tuma Media, LLC
Kim White ’18—Lifestyle Garment Care
STAFF—Diane Middleton ’10—Midland Business Alliance
Thank you to our Leadership Midland Presidential-Level Sponsors!