MBA 2019 Legislative Priorities
- Support continued efforts for public policy and resource allocation to effectively address the talent gap, including those for regionally-driven workforce development programs
- Support significant investment in Michigan’s transportation systems such as upgrades to highways, including continued allocation of previously-committed revenues. Necessary funds in excess of these revenues should be derived from new initiatives or programs, and additional tax increases should be the last option.
- Support local efforts to develop multi-use, sustainable neighborhoods
- Support changes in state regulations and issuance of alcoholic beverage permits and the streamlining of processes for local communities and the Michigan Liquor Control Commission to become more business-friendly
- In response to the legalization of recreational marijuana, support thorough vetting of pertinent implications for business, and adoption of relevant policies as appropriate
- Support policies and regulations that reduce unnecessary government regulation of the private sector, including the protection of business’s rights with respect to employment and compensation
- Land use policy that protects private property rights